History | Our Goal
The goals of the Ahmadu Bello University Library Complex are:
- To select, acquire and maintain library resources in all formats for
supporting teaching, learning, research and Community service of the
- To participate in resource sharing programmes at local, State,
National and International levels in order to facilitate access to
information resources not available in A.B.U. libraries.
- To assist library users to identify, locate, retrieve and access needed
information and also instruct them on how to use them best for
- To provide appropriate infrastructure and technologies for
operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- To attract, develop and retain qualified personnel for effective and
efficient information service delivery and systems management.
- To participate actively in teaching, learning, research and
dissemination of information.
- To create, develop, acquire and maintain e-resources and related
databases to boost the holdings of library resources and enhance